Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet, Greet, Hug, Kiss and Interview DADDY YANKEE

Today I met one of the most influential reggaeton artist in the genre, DADDY YANKEE!!!!
Yes sir I met, greeted, kissed, hugged and INTERVIEWED Daddy Fucken Yankee!!!!
Friday afternoon I logged into my netflix and as a recommendation the movie “Talento de Barrio” appeared. “Talento de Barrio” is a movie that features Daddy Yankee and talks about an upcoming artist and his life prior to fame. Watching this movie was so interesting because it touched many struggling aspects of living in el “caserio” or the hood in Puerto Rico. I loved and truly enjoyed watching this film. It reminded me of my time in the Caribbean…..
After watching the movie I was head over heels over Daddy Yankee. Not only is he an incredibly talented man, he is handsome and has that bit of hood in him.
Before today I had been a fan of Daddy Yankee but not like # 1 fan. I loved his music, and appreciated the way he looks. But that has changed 360 degrees.
Anyway, after the movie I logged into his Twitter account just to be nosy. There I found out he would be having a meet and greet in Chino, CA the next day!! This was my chance to meet El Cangri!
Saturday morning I woke up determined to meet Daddy Yankee. I asked my little brother if he wanted to come along in this adventure.
After an hour race driving on the 60E we were finally there! We arrived to the venue, skeptical and doubting if this was really happening. In order to receive a VIP Pass and meet DY we had to donate a cellphone or an accesory to Verizon who was sponsoring the event. I gave away the charger to the first phone I ever owned and the protector in order for Chris to have a meet-and-greet. When the lady gave me the pass I asked, “is this it? Am I really going to meet DY today?” she said smiling “yes, that’s it.”
I said, “its not funny, im serious.” I covered my face with my hands and prayed that she was serious.
Chris and I walked around to the different stations they had to entertain us before DY showed up. My Fabulous Quince was the main sponsor of the event, they work to preserve the culture of Quinceaneras within the Latino/a community.
For entertainment they had several contests. Fearless as I am I entered the first one. Contestants were competing to see who could say Verizon the longest. I was the third contestant of five and managed 24 seconds. The last contestant beat me by a second managing 25 seconds. Since the competition was really close we both got a price, a bag signed by Daddy Yankee himself!   HAPPY HAPPY**
For the rest of the time they continued to have competitions, dancers, mariachi and much more. Roxy’s Bridal had a fashion show of very impressive Quinceanera dresses.
Around 2 pm they announced that guests with a green sticker on their badge could head over to the store in order to meet El Cangri. Chris and I were excited because we were finally going to see him!!
We made line for about 20 more min. We were told that we couldn’t take pics on our phones but that a professional photographer was going to be there in order to take a pic for us. When I went inside the store my heart started beating faster. I couldn’t believe I was about to meet the BIG BOSS!!
I let Chris go first. He was just as shocked to see him! When it was my turn I walked with confidence towards him and smiled forever. I approached him with a que lo que? (what’s up  term very commnly used in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic) he smiled at me and said que lo que back. I leaned in for a hug and a smooch…mmmmm he smelled good too….hell yeah I sniffed him!! Jaja
We were about to take a picture when I told him that I wanted a ratata picture (a picture with style) I showed him what I meant by throwing up my deuces sign and he did the same! OMG!! I was so excited!! Before I left I leaned in for another hug and a second smooch and sniff. Before stepping out of his way I said “Una vaina ratata” and pounded him lol! He was cracking the fuck up!! And just like that I met DADDY fucken YANKEE
this is the link to the video that captures the moment when I met him the first time!!!
He was so surprised about my Caribbean flow (swag) lol!! the last couple of seconds you can capture how Daddy Yankee himself was CHECKING THIS MAMACITA OUT!! SAY WAT!


Haha!! I kept staring at him because I couldn’t believe it!! They kept me moving along and I was stubborn to stay longer in the store!
Daddy Yankee and Chris
YA TU SABE!!


Afterwards Chris and I went back to where we had been waiting for him. They continued to have contests because after meeting all the fans Yankee was promised to come on stage and say hi to us. There was a final contest  and the winners would get to ask El Cangri a question!! A question!!!
I was determined to be a contestant and WIN!! The MC saw me wanting to participate and pulled me up for the constest because “he could tell I was a really big fan”. (YESSS)
The game was musical chairs!! Seven contestants and six chairs. I danced and got low to songs as the losers kept losing. The MC decided that the last 3 standing could ask DY a question! I was still standing and I walked backstage!! (WINNER!!!)
The crowd was pumped because Yankee was on his way. From backstage I was able to see when he exited the Verizon store and was headed to the stage. When he walked in and onto the stage, the crowd went nuts!! I couldn’t believe my brown eyes!
He came up on stage and said hi to his fans. The MC asked a few questions about his upcoming presentations in L.A. and his album. Then the MC announced me as his “big fan”. When I went up on stage Yankee smiled like “this loca again?” hahahaha
I introduced myself said I had Mexican origins but had visited Puerto Rico and had the opportunity to study in the Dominican Republic and that’s where I got my Caribbean flow from. Ya tu sabe I told him. Lol I welcomed him to Chino, CA and asked what was his favorite things about coming to Cali. He said 1. The Ladies! (crowd went wild and I took advatange and hugged and almost kissed him again!) 2. The weather  and the rest I zoned out cuz honestly I was just starring at his fine ass. I swear!!! I couldn’t believe I was standing next to DY interviewing him!!! My turn was up and I took advantage to hug and kiss him one more time!!! Yeahhh Cangri!!!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5MBMgHxwKA
the best video that I found of this moment is this and interview starts at 5 min and 10 seconds.... Check out my flow!
 
este es el video taken by the camera crew where I was interviewing him!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2AeXL5GNo4&feature=youtube_gdata
the second link captures when I went up on stage and DY (the complete version)

Hahaha When I got off stage the people working for the event congratulated me for keeping it togetther and acting so professional eventhough it was obvious I was such a huge fan! Lol
All the contestants asked their questions and DY had to leave!!  But before he took one more picture with his fans and he dipped. It was amazing!!!!!!
Omg! Seeing him be so accessible to his fans and willing to answer questions just made me like him even more! He is really humble and chill. And FINE o SHIT so fine!!
After the show the MC told me he loved my life! Lol because I seemed so happy and full of energy. Me and him ended up dancing on stage to a Daddy Yankee song while the rest of the people stared in envy. I met up with Chris and HAPPILY walked away from the best day of my life! :D
It was an amazing experience!! Daddy Yankee ARMY fo’ life!
DY and Mamacita!!



No comments:

Post a Comment